CrossFit Gymnastics is coming to Tidal Burlington!
Check out the details below or learn more by visiting: https://training.crossfit.com/gymnastics
This interactive two-day course covers basic, intermediate and advanced gymnastics movements in a lecture setting, with practical application following as participants and coaches perform all presented movements. Skills are repeated until the student has an understanding of how to learn, spot and teach all movements safely to athletes of any level. Gymnastics programming is also discussed. Course participants learn to apply gymnastics principles in training themselves and others to increase strength development, core control and spatial awareness – all of which improve CrossFit performance.
The Gymnastics Course teaches participants about:
- Flexibility and mobility warm-ups – Variations on a myriad of dynamic warm-ups and static stretches, including pistols, and balance work.
- Basic strength – development for disadvantaged leverage and basic prowess in gymnastics movements.
- Parallette work – handstands, L-sits, stretching, handstand push-ups, range-of-motion/extended-range-of-motion training.
- Ring variations – core-training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron-cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle-ups and muscle-up drills, kips, handstands, and conditioning.
- Rope-climb technique – variations on ascent styles and development of upper-body needs.
- Bar variations – handstands, back levers, skin-the-cats, L-sit pull-up variations, stretching, kipping swings, chest-to-bar pull-ups, butterfly kipping, pull-overs, bar muscle-ups.
- Handstand variations – handstand push-ups, handstand forward rolls, balance work, presses to handstands, L-sits to handstands, handstand walking, planche demo (and progressions).
- How to coach, spot and scale all elements for practice and workouts.
Dates: March 31 & April 1, 2o18
Location: Tidal CrossFit Burlington (B-1423 Graham’s Lane, Burlington)
Seminar Cap: 45 Participants
Course Language: English Only